Sometimes I talk in front of a bunch of other people, and the crazy part is, they seem to listen when I do that.
Hope’s Door New Beginning Center
Digital Abuse & Cyberstalking
The account holder has turned off embedding options, so please click the image below to be taken to the YouTube video of this recording. (Pro Tip: Right click and open in a new tab to avoid being taken away from my website.)
Understanding Teen Dating Relationships
I was originally supposed to do this recording from my very well-lighted office at the Plano Outreach Center, but thanks to the 2023 Ice-pocalypse, I had to do it from home, right as I was about to move, so please forgive the lighting in the video.
Other topics I have presented on:
- The Dynamics of Domestic Abuse: Tactics, Myths & Social Norms
- Decide, Don’t Slide: Understanding the Difference between Healthy, Unhealthy and Abusive Relationships
- Childhood Domestic Abuse: The Impact of DV on Child Witnesses
- In Their Shoes: Teens and Dating Violence at Adolescent Symposium of Texas 2023
- Human Writes: Personal Healing for Sexual Trauma at TAASA 2023
Babysitting Your Book: Notes from a Nonfiction Ghostwriter and Kinship Caregiver
2022. Comments from my presentation facilitator, Sharman Apt Russell:
“Andie had a lively and fun presence, using gestures and enthusiastic body language to convey her interest and passion in her subject. She handled a problem with technology–midway through her presentation–with grace and ease. Her friendly and engaged manner was one of her greatest strengths. […] Her handout complemented her presentation very well, with some good specific tips and specific apps that I think many writers will appreciate.”
Read 2022; originally published in Sunspot Lit in 2021.
Like Riding a Bike
Season 3, “Ducks in a Row,” April 2014
Other readings I’ve done that didn’t get captured because I’m a fool:
- 3 Poems at Antioch Open Mic 2022
- 2 Poems for Quiet Lightning 2021
- 5 Poems for LitNight Dallas 2019