Andie Woodard (she/they) is a queer writer and activist. In 2017, she received her BA in Social Science, with a focus in Psychology, and Journalism at the University of North Texas, and in June 2022, she earned her MFA in Creative Writing at Antioch University. Under the name “Amanda Woodard,” Andie has been awarded runner-up twice in the Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference’s Personal Essay Contest (in 2014 and 2020) and received a Best of the Net nomination from Prometheus Dreaming for her poem “Self Portrait.” Andie lives in the Dallas Metroplex with her very anxious emotional support dog, Sirius, and her little cat, Young Bernie Sanders.
On top of all that, here’s some stuff about them that you probably didn’t know:
- They had temporary custody of their nephews from June to December 2020.
- They hold a 200-hour yoga teaching certification.
- They’re afraid of heights but love to rock climb.
- They have been sober from drugs and alcohol since March 24, 2019.
- They’re a board game nerd. Their favorites are Mansions of Madness, Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective, Code Names, Takenoko and Secret Hitler.
- They are not a fan of the Oxford comma.
- They met her biological father at age 22.
- They have seven half-siblings.
You can send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow her on social media at the links below.